Tuesday, August 30, 2011

POTATO GRATIN

"That is the best Potato gratin I have ever tasted!" said Kevin. 

I couldn't help but smile. He loves to eat! And potatoes are NOT on his top 20 food that he eats. He is also very picky, so he is my biggest critic! So every time I hear a compliment from him, I know I did well! He might as well give him a score sheet after every meal and see how he grades each dish I make. Hmmm, that is not such a bad idea...

Anyway, back to the potato...I made this dish about 2 weeks ago, and as usual, I didn't write the recipe down. So now, for the love of me, I can't remember the proportions.



Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
Garlic, finely chopped
  • Rosemary
  • Cream 
  • Salt and black pepper
  • Mozzarella cheese, grated
  • Nutmeg, a few dashes
    Preheat to 350°. In a large saucepan, put the cream, garlic, potatoes, rosemary,nutmeg, salt and black pepper  and bring to a boil.Add the mozzarella and mix in.


  • Add salt if needed and adjust seasoning.Transfer the mixture to a greased 8-inch square baking dish. Bake until golden-brown. Let stand for 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment