Sunday, August 28, 2011

Chorizo Bread Stuffed Boneless Roasted Chicken

Yesterday, I saw that my local butcher was selling deboned whole chicken, and that gave me a brilliant idea! I was going to make a roasted stuffed chicken. But what flavor profile did I want to go with? Would i use a meat stuffing, a rice stuffing or a bread stuffing? So many ideas were running in my head but yet, no decision had been made...and I had to decide so that I could get the ingredients while I was still at the grocery...Spanish, Asian, Filipino, Chinese.....Ok, ok, Spanish it is!!! 

I grabbed some Olives stuffed with cheese and a pack of chorizo. I had ground meat, rice and bread at home...so I could decide later on what the base of my stuffing would be.

My final decision was a bread based stuffing with a chorizo profile. My boys enjoyed it immensely. please let me know how you like it once you get to try the recipe. Enjoy!


Chorizo Bread Stuffed Boneless Roasted Chicken

1 whole deboned chicken
2 teaspoons Chicken powder
Fresh cracked Pepper
3 Cups cubed stale bread
1/2 Cup Spanish Chorizo, sliced
Olive oil
1 White Onion, chopped
1/4 Cup Garlic, chopped
1 Cup Milk
2 eggs
Salt and Pepper
Chorizo Lard (Where the chorizo comes in when in the can)
20 Cloves Garlic
20 Green Olives
Garlic powder
Pimenton powder (Spanish Paprika)
1 cup water

For the stuffing:
Saute the onions and garlic in olive oil. When cooked, add the chorizo slices. When all the oil from the chorizo has been extracted, add the bread cubes.When bread has absorbed the chorizo oil (it turns orange), add the milk and season with salt and pepper.
Let it cool, then mix in the 2 eggs.

Season the chicken with chicken powder and pepper, inside and out. Stuff with the previously cooled stuffing.
Sew up the skin of the chicken where it is open, usually by the breast and the back, to keep the stuffing in. Season with garlic powder and paprika and sear on both sides using the chorizo lard. 
Add the water, olives and garlic and bake until fully cooked and crisp.

This is one of the most delicious roasted chickens I have ever made and eaten. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment