Thursday, August 25, 2011

5-SPICE GRILLED PORK CHOPS

I used to really dislike anything that had star anise and cloves, but when I went to culinary school and learned how to use all kinds of spices on different dishes, I learned to appreciate flavors that I didn't like. I didn't just appreciated them but I learned to enjoy them.


5-spice is native to Chinese cuisine and usually consists of a mixture of star anise, cloves,cinnamon,Sichuan pepper and fennel seeds. Sometimes the formula is Chinese cinnamon, star anise, anise seeds, ginger root and cloves.


My tastebuds think that 5-spice really goes well with pork, chicken and duck. :-)


Hope you enjoy this recipe!


6 pieces pork Chops
5 Spice powder
Garlic Powder
Ground black pepper
Himalayan Salt
Cinnamon
Soy Sauce
Red vinegar
Balsamic vinegar

Mix all the ingredients and marinate the Pork Chops overnight.
Grill.
EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment