Sunday, April 21, 2013

Moroccan Grilled Chicken

It's summer once again and the best thing to do during this time is to barbecue!!!

Today I wanted to try something new. I don't like the typical Filipino pork barbecue. I don't really eat pork unless it's prosciutto or jamon serrano! Yes, I'm a bit of a pork snob!

Anyway, today felt like a spice-y kind of barbecue day. What better way to go than Moroccan!!!

I actually marinated these for 2 days before I grilled them. It's really quite straightforward.

Just mix together the following in a Tupperware and store them in the refrigerator for two days.

1/2 kilo of boneless chicken fillets
1 lemon, juiced then cut in rings
2 Tbsps olive oil
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp all spice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg

After marination, discard the lemon and grill the chicken. Serve with lemon wedges and onion salsa. Recipe as follows.

Onion salsa
1 white onion, diced finely
Extra virgin olive oil, enough to cover the onions in a bowl
Salt
Pepper

Enjoy with a salad and rice!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment