Monday, January 7, 2013

Miso-honey Chicken Thighs with a Spicy Cheese Glaze

I've been obsessed with miso paste this whole week, I've been putting it in every recipe. I put it in my Tan Tan Men, in my Pork Adobo, I even put it on my bagel! So when I saw the big fat chicken thighs in my chiller, my first thought was "Roasted Miso Chicken"!

I have to always come up with new and exciting recipes, K doesn't like eating leftovers or repeats of the same dish. So I am constantly racking my brain for ideas of what to cook. Today, this is what I came up with.

Marinate the chicken in the following:
Miso paste
Honey
Garlic
Onion
Ginger
Pepper
Sesame oil
Roasted sesame seeds

Bake at 350 F until the chicken is fully cooked.

Meanwhile, mix the following in a bowl: cheese sauce( I used cheese whiz), Gochujang (spicy korean soybean paste)
Milk
Sesame oil

You should have a thick sauce.

When the chicken is cooked, plate on a serving dish. Drain the juices to remove the solid pieces of ginger, onion and garlic. Pour it over the chicken then put the cheese sauce over the chicken as well.

Torch until sauce is caramel used or broil in oven.

Voila! All done! Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment