Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Bacalao Blanco con Camote (Cod with Sweet Potato)

I love Bacalao! But I really am trying to stay away from eating too much salt. I  found some unsalted cod loins in my local supermarket and decided to to make some Bacalao Vizcaina for dinner. But at some point, I realized that I was on a diet, and that diet meant NO RICE or regular potatoes! So, I could not make the traditional Bacalao with tomato sauce so I had to think quick! Ah! Sweet Potatoes!

I was not sure if it would work, but I had to give it a try. And I tried...and it worked! So here my friends is my recipe for my bacalao Blanco con Camote.

Cod loin fillets, cut in medallions
Salt Pepper
Sweet potatoes, peeled and cut in rings
Sweet potato starch
Olive oil
Pimientos, canned, cut in strips
Onions, cut in rings
Garlic Sweet Potato
Fish stock

Season the cod loin medallions in salt and pepper, dredge in sweet potato starch and pan fry in olive oil. Set aside after frying.

Do the same with the sweet potatoes.

Saute the garlic, add the onions and put everything back in the pan. Let it simmer without over stirring. Let everything cook, and let sauce thicken a bit. Season to your taste and serve with a sliced baguette. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment