Sunday, May 27, 2012

SPINACH AND ALMOND PENNE PASTA WITH GRILLED HERBED CHICKEN

Tonight I wanted to make a really light and simple meal. Something tasty, nutritious and healthy. I looked through my pantry and found an open pack of penne pasta, slivered almonds, and extra virgin olive oil. Ok, a pasta dish was coming to mind. Now, what was in my freezer? I found a Tupperware of chicken breasts and a bag of frozen baby spinach...hmmm....I think I know what to do! An olive oil based spinach pasta and grilled chicken sounded good! Here's what I came up with.

 For the pasta:
3 cups Penne pasta, cooked
1 1/5 cups frozen spinach, blanched and drained
2 Tbsps Almond slivers
Salt and pepper
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 or 2 chicken bouillon cubes, with 1/2 cup hot water
Mix everything together and adjust seasoning and oil according to your taste.

For the grilled chicken:
Marinate chicken breasts in olive oil, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and thyme. Add some crushed garlic and a squeeze or two of lemon juice. Let sit for at least half an hour to marinate. Grill until done. Cut into thin slices and top on the pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment